- Waiting for the bus to come by and having to wait longer because the bus driver is taking a break at the stop right before mine.
- Bus drivers need breaks in order to feel awake while driving people around.
- Running in the morning before the sun comes up and not being able to see anything.
- There are not enough street lights outside or they don’t shine bright enough.
- When entering a lecture hall and only finding seats in the middle so then I have to say “excuse me” to so many people while my backpack is almost hitting their face.
- People like to sit at the edges because its closer to get out when lecture is over.
- When both the people sitting next to me are resting their elbows on the arm rest that’s on my side.
- They need to rest their elbows and there is not enough space for my elbow because the arm rest is too small to share.
- Pulling a door that has a rotating Handel and it turning out to be a push door (they are supposed to have a bar or a non-rotating Handel).
- The engineers and builders of the building designed it that way.
- Having to carry so many containers in my backpack because I packed my food but once I’m done the container is still taking up space.
- I can’t throw away containers after I use them because they are reusable.
- When my AirPods are connected to my phone and I want them to be connected to my iPad, I have to go to the setting on the iPad and manually connect them instead of it happening automatically.
- The AirPods are only able to be connected to one device at a time.
- Walking up the stairs in my apartment building and seeing so many spider webs and bugs flying everywhere.
- There is pond right next to apartment building and at night the lights attract the bugs as well.
- Coming home to a dirty kitchen because my roommates didn’t wash their dishes.
- My roommates claim they don’t have enough time to wash after every meal
- When its time to switch my clothes from the washer to the dryer and finding my roommates clothes in the dryer...already dried and ready to go.
- My roommates aren’t aware when their clothes have finished drying.
- Not enough table space when I do my homework in library.
- The tables is too small.
- Having to walk around the whole building in Leigh to find the women’s bathroom and the unisex bathroom is taken.
- The women’s bathroom is far from my lecture room.
- Having to take out my ID that’s in the backpack to get on the bus.
- I need to show my ID so that the driver can verify that I am a student and I can ride for free.
- When 2 18-wheeler trucks are taking up both lanes because one is trying to pass the other.
- One truck is driving to slow for the other.
- When a driver is trying to merge onto the highway but is waiting until the last minute to exit the merge lane.
- They want to pass as many cars as they can before entering the main lanes on the highway.
- When there is a new costumer that doesn’t know what to order right in front of you and is taking along time to decide but you already know what you want so you just have to wait patiently.
- The costumer has a lot of options to decide from and doesn’t want to make a bad choice.
- When my roommates use my water filter jar and forgets to refill it when there is no more water so when I have to use it, I have to fill it up and wait for the water to be filtered then I can pour myself a cup of water.
- They claim they don’t have enough time to refill it when they are in a rush.
- When people don’t show up on time for a meeting or an appointment.
- The person might have lost track of time or was delayed due to track.
- When my Fitbit doesn’t turn on when I turn my wrist to check the time.
- The Fitbit might have not detected that I turned my wrist.
- When I want chick-fil-a but it’s a Sunday!
- Chick-fil-a is closed on Sunday!
Coming up with 20 bugs was a little difficult because I don’t like to dwell on the negativity and to be quite honest once I started thinking about all my bugs (especially the ones about my roommates), I got little fired up inside and started to get angry. I didn’t like what was happening to my emotions so I decided to take a break and continue this assignment at a later time when I felt a little bit better about life.
Hey Sandra!
ReplyDeleteI totally feel you on getting fired up about your roommates while writing this post. I did the same thing as well. When I first sat down to write my bugs I was really struggling. But, when I got started, they started coming out like fire! I remember finishing my list and thinking, 'thats it?'. Especially with things regarding my roommates, if I focus on the negativity it is easy for me to go down a super negative rabbit hole.
Hi Sandra,
ReplyDeleteI loved the bugs you chose! I really think you thought outside the box and took time to think about each one. I specifically loved your 6th bug about using containers and then being stuck carrying them around. That bugs me too! I also loved the chick fill a one. I feel like I always want chick fill a on Sundays! Overall I really enjoyed reading your assignment.
Hi Sandra,
ReplyDeleteA bug that really resonated with me was number 14. It absolutley grinds my gears when two eighteen wheelers decide to both go 72 and take up both lanes of the highway. I understand that trucks are cars too however being conscious of their size, one would expect that these trucks let people pass them (which happens in most cases).