Skip to main content
Practicing Opportunity Identification: Assignment 6
- Climate Change Is Causing More Natural Disaster
- Source: https://www.thebalance.com/top-usa-future-economic-trends-3305666
- I conclude that there is an opportunity here because there is statistical evidence of the increase in temperature, wildfire, and rising sea levels.
- A prototypical customer for this opportunity could be an environmental lawyer, they can find more evidence for showing that climate change is affected our economy by not letting food grow due to the extreme heats and/or floods.
- This opportunity will be relatively difficult to exploit because the government right now is not putting in a lot of money towards the environment
- I saw an opportunity here because I recently had a conversion with a student who wants to become an environmental lawyer and wants to make a change in the world
- Baby Boomers Aren't Retiring
- Source: https://www.thebalance.com/top-usa-future-economic-trends-3305666
- I conclude that there is an opportunity here because there is data showing that 45-75 year old are delaying their retirement because they are still trying to recover from the great recession.
- A prototypical customer for this opportunity could be baby boomers who are looking for ways to earn more money quickly
- This opportunity will be relatively difficult to exploit because most baby boomers don't know how to use social media as a means of communication, so it will be hard to reach them
- I saw an opportunity here because I recently had a conversion with my parents about starting to save for my retirement now so that in 30-40 years I can have enough money to retire with no worry.
- Cybersecurity
- Source: https://www.csiweb.com/resources/blog/post/2019/01/08/identifying-the-top-regulatory-priorities-of-2019
- I conclude that there is an opportunity here because there is evidence showing that there was an increase in breaches from 2013 to now.
- A prototypical customer for this opportunity could be business owners who want to make sure all the information they have from their customers is kept safe and away from the public.
- This opportunity will be relatively easy to exploit because customer security is very important for business owners so that they don't get into any lawsuits.
- I saw an opportunity here because I am currently applying to volunteer at UF Health Shands Hospital and I had to get a certification of HIPPA.
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Source: https://www.csiweb.com/resources/blog/post/2019/01/08/identifying-the-top-regulatory-priorities-of-2019
- I conclude that there is an opportunity here because bank security is extremely important for many obvious reasons.
- A prototypical customer for this opportunity is anyone that owns a bank account
- This opportunity will be relatively easy to exploit because no one wants to lose the money they worked hard to earn.
- I saw an opportunity here because I know I would extremely upset if I saw suspicious activity in my bank account.
Sandra,
ReplyDeleteThese four trends were very interesting to read about. I noticed a trend among your articles: both of you economic trends would have been relatively difficult to exploit, while the regulatory trends would have been relatively easy to exploit. Interesting correlation! Also, I noticed that all of the trends you listed were relevant and important to you. The trends I used were also close to me, allowing me to see the opportunity easier.
Hi Sandra,
ReplyDeleteI liked the different trends you chose. I also chose an article related to climate change since it is a pressing issue in our society today. Also, the article on cybersecurity was very interesting to read about. I definitely agree that there is an opportunity in cybersecurity, especially since it has become a more pressing issue. Overall, I enjoyed reading your post!
Hi Sandra, I really enjoyed reading your post about current trends. The four articles you chose were all very interesting. I especially liked the one about cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is extremely important due to the hacking of Yahoo and Equifax. Both of these incidences exposed the private information of millions of people.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandra,
ReplyDeleteYou're opportunities were very diverse! The one about cyber security especially interested me. I definitely agree businesses who what to protect their data would be prototypical consumers, but I also believe there may be an opportunity here relating to regular consumers. I'm sure there are lots of people who are worried about their own privacy on the Internet as well.
One suggestion that I would give is to explain the actual opportunity you see in more depth. It was a little confusing to me what you thought the opportunity was. Other than that, great job!
Hey Sandra,
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed all of your articles, particularly the one about climate change. With so much going on in our current world pertaining to the environment, it was definitely an interesting read. I think its also pretty cool that you were sparked to talk about that by talking to a someone who wants to work directly to change the environment.
Hi Sandra,
ReplyDeleteThese were four awesome articles to talk about for this assignment, I felt that each one fit the description perfectly. I loved that you were able to conclude an opportunity after thoroughly feeling as though there was evidence to back it up, often times people are left wondering if the opportunity really is there or if they are simply reaching just to make it fit. Overall I think you did a great job, thanks for sharing !
Hey Sandra,
ReplyDeleteSome of these trends seem very worrying but as you point out, the opportunities are there to improve conditions for everybody. In particular, the cybersecurity and boomer retirement articles seem like big opportunities. I worry about baby boomers searching for jobs in todays job market, as it has changed so drastically since they were our age. Most people run into trouble "hitting the pavement and just talk to people" like baby boomers tend to recommend for job searches, as the entire process has moved online. Maybe a way to help them adapt and catch up could be an idea