Segment:
Parents with kids
Interview #1: Mother of two children, ages 6 and 8
Need awareness:
--> Her need becomes most salient when she sees her children growing fast and their adult teeth are coming in but growing incorrectly.
--> Her 6-year-old already lost a couple of her front teeth but they are growing slanted
--> her 8-year-old has all his adult teeth now but she doesn't want to put her son in pain at such a young age with braces.
Information search
--> Currently, she has to wait until her 8-year-old is old enough to get braces in order to fix his smile.
--> She goes to the pediatric dentist every 6 months to make sure her kids have healthy
Interview #2: Father of a teenager
Need awareness:
--> His son is 15-years-old and currently has braces, however, he is going through a lot of pain every month when there is a check-up and tightening of the braces. This is when he notices that he wishes there was a better option out there to straighten teeth because no parent likes seeing their kids go through a lot of pain.
Information search:
--> When choosing the orthodontist to do the treatment, he wanted to find one that would give his son the fastest results to not be in pain for a long time. However, this was not possible because the son had an overbite, therefore, the treatment will take a minimum of 2 years.
Interview #3: Parents of a 12-year-old
Need awareness:
--> The parents are currently going through a rough time in their household because the daughter is getting bullied for having her canine teeth above all the others.
--> When thier daughter comes home from school, she is found sad sometimes. They are currently thinking about homeschooling her if it gets too much to handle for her.
Information search:
--> They are currently searching their local area for a cheap treatment so that they can afford their daughter getting braces. Braces cost about $2000 and the insurance they have doesn't cover it.
--> They have family friends that are dentists, so they are trying to negotiate a deal with them in order to get this treatment for their daughter to feel more confident and have a higher self-esteem.
Conclusion
I learned that parents are willing to do anything for their children. They truly want the best for you and don't like seeing you in a sad mood. I also noticed that having a straight smile for these parents was really important to have for their kids. They didn't neglect and it and found importance in having a good smile because a good smile can get you a job offer in the future. These interviewees have done their research and want the best possible treatment for their children, however, there is not one that will prevent having messed up teeth.
Hi Sandra,
ReplyDeleteThis was a very thorough post. It really helped that you separated your post by interviews rather than combining the information. This helped me to clearly see how each interview played out. Additionally, it seems like you got valuable insight from these interviews that will help steer your business plan. It is very helpful that your product/service is unique. Overall, great post!
I like the fact you made three points for each of the interviews. It is easy to follow and understand the information research and awareness. I am a nanny for two kids and I know their parents will do or buy anything for them. One of them who is six actually lost a tooth because she wasn't brushing her teeth enough. Whatever your idea is, I hope it can prevent other kids from having bad teeth and are able to find a solution to a good smile for when children grow up.
ReplyDeleteHey Sandra,
ReplyDeleteWithin these interviews I am glad that you were able to reach your target audience. Growing up I had never truly put much thought into what it meant to have to get braces due to the fact that I never had them, but I had always been around people who did and I found it so interesting. I also knew however how time consuming and most often how big of a hassle it was to have them. Being able to reach these adults before their kids have reached too old of an age would help so much. Thanks for sharing !