Skip to main content

Idea Napkin No.2 Assignment 19

1. I don’t really consider myself a person with many talents. But if I had to find one talent of mine it would be a good listener. Some people don’t consider that a talent but not everyone is truly good at listening, because they could either get distracted or just not care about what the other person is talking about. In regards to my product, have good fine-motor skills which will allow me to make the device unique for everyone’s different type of teeth structure. If this business were to actually happen in my life, then I would dedicate half of my time developing it while also seeing my regular clients

2. I am offering the ability to get straight teeth without having to go through the pain and stress of braces. The device will be placed in the patient's mouth as soon as the adult teeth start showing in the front 4 teeth on the maxilla and mandibular bones. The instrument will only be worn at night so that is not a bother while walking around in public.

3. I am offering this to children who are currently losing their baby teeth and growing their adult teeth. When growing up, children are prone to getting bullied for the little things that other kids may perceive as abnormal. So in regards to psychographic characteristics, my customers would turn out to be more confident in the end because there would be no issues coming from having crooked teeth. All my customers will be around the same age.

4. Because children don’t have money of their own, the parents will have to decide whether they want to have their child go through this. I believe that these parents that get the device means that they care for their children to not go through the pain of braces and the possible decline of self-esteem.

5. My device is not like invisalign or braces. These two devices require you to have all your adult teeth present and you might have already gotten bullied by having crooked teeth. My product will avoid the possibility of being bullied by placing in the device as the teeth are growing to that they grow straight.

6. I believe these aspects fit together. In the future, I just need to make connections with people so that they trust me to do this treatment plan on their children, especially during the trial runs to see if it actually works. I hope I can also make enough colleagues to help spread the word and maybe even share the project because it will take a lot of time in effort just to get it started.

7. From the previous “Idea Napkin” post I received a lot of positive feedback from my peers. They were impressed in my idea and wanted to know more details about it to have a better understanding. Because of this, I did a little more research on dental instruments and tried to use correct terminology. Another feedback I got was that this dental service would save headaches for middle-school and high-schoolers. They can better focus on their school work and outside activities. I incorporated this by saying that this procedure will start on children at a young age so there is no worry of crooked teeth in middle school.

Comments

  1. Hi Sandra,

    First I want to start off by stating that I am sure that you have tons of incredible qualities that make you unique and special. The one that you chose however, being a good listener, is especially useful. I myself am very talkative and sometimes feel as though I may be leading a conversation rather than allowing others to take point, and thus I wish I was a better listener. Overall great post, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that its hard to think of yourself as having many talents, but that's just because we don't necessarily think about them all the time so that's okay if you feel that way. I feel like you have a great idea starting the process young because of future interactions. I definitely feel that you'll start to get judged more as you mature and get to middle school and high school. Making it an overnight kind of product really helps when thinking about the ease of use. You did a great job on connecting your ideas as well as incorporating your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra,
    Time and time again you show that you care about the feedback we give you. Each post seems to be better than the one before. I definitely agree that you are a good listener, this assignment exemplifies that. I imagine being a good listener will help your future endeavors and make sure your company works with your customers to make the best products possible. You did great, its clear you truly care about this product and know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment