I chose to read the biography of Steve Jobs. While reading, what surprised me the most about him is that he did not get his first big earning from Apple, he actually started making a lot of money when he made a deal with Disney to be apart of Pixar's initial public offering. The quality of Steve Jobs that I admired the most was his passion for his dreams. He had so much perseverance that he overcame any challenges that came his way. One aspect of Steve Jobs that I wasn't fond of was that one of the reasons he chose "Apple" as the name for his company was because it was in front of "Atari" in the phonebook. He had previously worked with "Atari" and he didn't want his customers seeing "Atari" first. Steve Jobs' most famous failure was getting fired from Apple in 1985, and instead of giving up he started two new projects to reach towards his goals.
While reading the biography, I noticed a competency that he had which was motivating his engineers to work through sleepless nights in order to better improve macintosh fonts. He would bend over backward to make his dream a reality. One part of the reading that confused me was why he was a fruitarian. I understand that fruits taste delicious, but an almost fruit-only diet is not a balanced healthy diet. If I was able to ask Steve Jobs a question, it would be "How did you learn to say 'no' to big offers?" I'm sure after the first big release, he got a lot of offers from people to buy his company for a lot of money, which is why I wonder how and why he said "no." Another question I would ask him is, how he feels about school education? Everyone knows he is a college dropout, but I just wonder why he left so fast on his first semester as a freshman. I believe Steve Jobs' opinion of hard work is that it's not always going to be easy, but it's going to be worth it in the end. I share the same opinion as him because I've learned through personal experiment, that has long as you want to want something so bad, a little hard work is all it takes to accomplish it.
Hi Sandra,
ReplyDeleteI think Steve Jobs has such an amazing story. I never knew that he worked for Disney before starting his company. Also, I also find it strange and confusing that Steve Jobs was a fruitarian. That does not seem like a very healthy diet. Moreover, I found your questions for Steve Jobs very useful and interesting. Overall, your post was very informative and interesting!
Hi Sandra,
ReplyDeleteI also read Steve Jobs and believed that he had such a powerful and moving story and it made me have such a greater respect for him. I agree that one of the biggest things that surprised me from his story is how he made the majority of his money through his investment in Pixar! Without having read this novel I would have always been under the impression that he had stayed and grown with apple making all of his money there. Great post thanks for sharing!